Tuesday 19 January 2016

Eyeball Nail Tutorial

Some of you may know that I have a qualification in nail services. However I haven't really ever done anything nail themed here on the blog and I don't really know why I haven't already. Fellow bloggers and some of my friends have been asking for this sort of post to come up on to my blog a bit more. So I thought it is now time to show you how to do some nail art in some easy basic steps.
As this is my first nail art tutorial I was not quite sure how to go about it all. I know I need more practice with taking pictures of the steps but hey we all have to start somewhere, right? 
I thought I would show you something quite basic but looks quite effective on the nails, and of course a little bit creepy.

Let's start off with the things you will need to achieve some great art upon your nails.
This also can be just a guide line for you, so you don't have to use the exact same products, tools and colours as I do, just have a play around. On this tutorial I have used a false nail to paint on, but you can just go ahead and practice on your own finger nails.

You will need:
White nail varnish
Red nail varnish (I chose glitter)
Black nail varnish (I used nail art pen)
A dotting tool
A colour of your choice

Firstly give your nails a white coat of nail varnish. This will be the base of your eye ball. 

Secondly, which the colour of your choice make a circle for your iris. Try not to make too much of a blob as it will end up taking quite a while to dry. So make sure your brush doesn't have too much product on but still enough to make the colour pop.

Then we go onto making a black dot inside of our iris to make a pupil. Don't make this one too big as we still want to see that colour from the last step. It is looking much more like an eyeball now isn't it?

Then just to add a little bit of a sparkle to the eye make two small white dots using the dotting tool. Make one smaller than the other just like I did here. 

Lastly you want to make some red veins all around the white areas, don't be scared of this stage, just do what feels right. As you can see I used a red glitter polish for this just to jazz it up a bit more. You will also want to add a clear top coat once everything has dried, and I mean dried. I have been too impatient far too many times with this stage and smudged my whole piece of art.

I hope you enjoyed this different sort of post and I would love to see if any of you try this nail art out for youselves. If you do tweet me your pictures at @horrieble.








SHARE:

3 comments

  1. So simple and yet so effective :) love it x

    Http://idorottka.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I would to see if you try it out xx

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you. I would to see if you try it out xx

      Delete

© Nails in Flames. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig