Monday 18 January 2016

The Body Shop Event - Drops of Youth

It had been quite a while since I attended a blogger event due to health reasons and it just being a lot harder to get to some of the places now I am living in a town. But I heard about this upcoming event by a fellow blogger friend, and I just knew I had to be there! 
Skincare isn't my strong point to be honest, I really am slacking in that department. I love all parts in the beauty world but in this part I was just lost, so this event was perfect to kick out that flaw I had. I do however love watching skincare routines on YouTube and lust after other peoples collection of potions for their face and just wanting to pamper myself the way others do. It really is time for my face to be treated the way it deserves. So I am scrapping my whole routine and going in with a new one now I have more knowledge.



So the event kicked off with a demonstration of how to apply the new range of products and what their benefits are. This was so interesting and eye opening, I just couldn't wait to try them out for myself. The next step was for us to have a consultation and to try out the Drops of Youth rang for ourselves. For so long now I thought I had normal/oily skin in parts. Oh how wrong I was! In fact I have dry skin, this now answers so many questions I had to why my makeup just looked crap after a while of being on my face. The lady that spoke to me all about this interesting stuff really helped me get an understanding of my own skin, which was great in so many ways.


Let's talk a little about the products in the Drops of Youth range. Firstly, the packaging is great, I am always a sucker for pretty looking things. Secondly the smell of each product is just lovely, a very fresh clean scent that is very pleasing to the nostrils. Then the feel of every single product is just great, extremely moisturising, sinks into the skin beautifully and leaves the skin feeling extremely pampered and pleasant.
This collection has six wonderful new additions that work so well with each other to give your skin a new lease of life. In this collection you have; youth essence lotion, youth cream, eye concentrate, bouncy sleep mask, wonderblur and a concentrate. If you click here you will be able to discover the order in which to use the products and learn a little bit more into the range.

Overall I really did enjoy these products along with all of the other ranges The Body Shop has to offer. I have been a fan of them for many many years and it is always such a treat to myself when I buy myself a little something from there. Maybe it is time to treat myself to many more of their goodies. The event was a great learning curve and a really fun evening that I got to spend with some of my blogging friends. It is always a pleasure to get together with them. 

How can I not mention about the lovely goodie bag that we was also given. I am always extremely grateful for receiving goodie bags at events. I would just like to say a big thank you to the girls that put on this event and kindly giving us freebies. 
So in this bag of goodies I got four small samples of some of their latest products, including some of the Drops of Youth range, a shower gel and a body butter in the scent cherry blossom and a raspberry lip balm. Some really great gifts that I cannot wait to use. Although I have started using the lip balm as I really do love a good lip balm and The Body Shop never fails me in that department.

I really do recommend that you go to your local Body Shop and ask for a consultation with the Drops of Youth range and you will not regret it. You may even learn a thing or two about your own skin and that could possible change your skins life. 









SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Sounds lovely! I'm sorry to have missed seeing you and the new range sounds great, I'll have to stop by.

    Extreme Housewifery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww it is ok lovely. You was dearly missed though and i look forward to catching up with you again soon xx

      Delete
  2. Great post Hollie. I really like the Drops of Youth range and may invest in a couple of products once I've used my current range.
    Steph
    x
    www.pricelesslifeofmine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i think i may even spend some of my birthday money on some of the range. I know that once i get myself a job and some money coming in i will be treating my face so much better than i did haha x

      Delete
  3. Really well written post Hollie, and your photos are great, I love the one of the goodie bag contents and all the fairylights! Was so lovely to see you again :D

    Kirstie | Behind The Scent (formerly Kimamely Beauty)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you very much kirstie, i do enjoy my fairy lights haha. next time i may have to play about with some of the other lights i have :). and yes it was a pleasure seeing you again. will see you again soon xx

      Delete
    2. Mum said she really liked that last photo too btw :) xx

      Delete
  4. Fab post Hollie - was lovely seeing you! I love the products too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, means a lot. it is always so lovely seeing you for a catch up. xx

      Delete
  5. Aw what a lovely post! Looks like you had such a fab time! How adorable are the fairy lights!!!

    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

© Nails in Flames. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig