Monday 28 March 2016

What's Happening?



I have been pretty vacant over on here again lately. I know this happens quite often but I do always try my best to explain why to help you understand. This time it is a bit different.
Along with my mental health I had been physically ill too, this meant I spent a lot of time in bed curled up not having much energy at all. Even after I got better and I did have the time to take some pictures and sit down with a cuppa and write a post. I found myself just not wanting to, no motivation or will to want to do it.
Due to all of this I had plenty of time to do some good old thinking that really helped me understand what I want from life and my blog. Not only did I go and get myself a new job to help me in so many ways, I also started to open my mind up about a variety of things. It all came down that I need to always put me first before my blog, never stress myself out about not posting or feel under pressure with it all. 
Realizing these few things helped me also realize how unhappy I was with my blog, posts I was creating, subjects I was writing about and just feeling a bit "bleh" by it all. Thinking about all of these posts I thought about how almost fake I seemed in many of them, reviewing things and maybe not being 100% honest like I wanted to be or just simply writing about things I didn't even really care about that much. 
From now on I will stay away from creating posts I simply don't enjoy, I won't post reviews unless I really love the product and it is relevant to my interests. Posts I really do love and always get great feedback from are nail related posts, so you will see much more of them. Beauty will still be showing up on posts but maybe not in the same way as before. Maybe I will also trying some more fashion type posts but don't hold me to that.
 Visually I will try and keep my pictures in a similar way to each other and not so random with the style I do them to make it all look more "tidy". 
Writing wise I will keep it as simple, light hearted and short as I can. So no more long posts that it is easier to read and take information from the posts.
All in all, there will be changes over here but for the better so I can fully enjoy life and blogging again. I always want to enjoy blogging and whenever I don't I will just take a step back again.

I hope you enjoy this post and look forward to seeing what I create in the future. Please be patient as I will be a bit slower now I have a job but I will always try my best.


SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Sorry to hear that you have been feeling unwell, it seems to be a recurrant theme in the blog world at the moment! Looking forward to seeing more of you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dip and dive into all of my hobbies but its harder with this one as people actually see it and sometimes wait for another "creation" but taking a step back from anything is always good to go back with a fresh mind xx

      Delete
  2. You always need to put yourself first, having a blog can sometimes feel like having a child to look after haha. Your blog should be a refection of you, so only post what you feel passionate about :) Congratulations on the job babe xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all of the support you give me, now i will be earning money we can go for days out together! xx

      Delete
    2. YAAAAS! Definitely up for that, need to see your pretty face more often! xxx

      Delete
  3. Always put yourself first Hollie. Your blog will always be there and we all needs to make changes and little tweeks here and there to make it feel right for us not just for everyone else. Be true to yourself. Take care.
    Steph
    xx
    www.pricelesslifeofmine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am more important than my blog at the end of the day anyway. People will always understand it is for the best. hopefully now I can come back and create content I feel happy with and other people will enjoy even more too! Nail art has always been what i really want to show on my blog anyway xx

      Delete
  4. I hope you're feeling better soon lovely. Congrats on the job, that's so great! Getting a job really helped me get into a routine and my mental health dramatically improved - always here if you need a friendly face to chat too!

    Soph x | www.sophieannehamilton.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Sophie, that means a lot to me. We will have a good old chat soon about anything and everything. I am hoping this will be a great turn around for me and I can really start to move on with my life away from my mental health issues. xx

      Delete
  5. Your blog is all about you and no-one else. There are no expectations, no rules - do what makes you happy, whenever you feel like doing it and we'll all look forward to reading something new as and when you chose to post it! If we wanted deadlines we'd all be journalists!

    Extreme Housewifery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always know the right things to say to me, you are a great friend Laura. Plenty more nail art ideas that you will love haha you always give me great encouragement to do these sorts of posts. Thank you xx

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, hopefully you're feeling better now. Congratulations on your new job, and good luck doing what you want to do! It's very easy to post because you feel you have to, and then you stop enjoying your blog, but you must always put yourself first and do what makes you happy =] x

    ReplyDelete

© Nails in Flames. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig