Tuesday 7 February 2017

Happy 2nd Birthday Blog!



It appears that my blog recently turned two years old, and I can't quite believe how the time has flown by and how many wonderful times I have had due to my little blog.
Within these two years I have achieved so much personally and I would like to take this post to reflect on all the good things that has happened within these two years.

My mental health has come along way and although I am nowhere near better, I have learnt so many ways to cope with the bad times and overcome many hurdles that have come my way. I managed to come off my medication for the best reasons and honestly it has done me the world of good. My blog also gave me to opportunity to get the word out there about Borderline Personality Disorder and open up about this illness. The feedback I get whenever I talk about it is always so overwhelming and supportive, I am very thankful and touched by that.



Friends come and go and that is a fact I have well and truly learnt over the years. However, making my blog brought me a new world of friends, the blogging community has been eye opening. I try to be honest about things so, I would say not everybody in this blogging world is nice and some can be extremely self absorbed, just like any other environment. At times it has been eventful and quite shocking to say the least, but I did managed to grab a few decent individuals along to way too, such as; Charlotte Shoestring chic, Laura Extreme Housewifery, Kirstie Behind the Scent, Izzy A Dose of Chatter, Steph A Priceless Life of Mine, Lianne The Brunette Says and many more!
I am still making new friends now and I have found a great little group of other alternative bloggers just like me that always inspire me. Such as; Rachel Rachel War, Jess I am Foxxtailz and Kimberly Sister of the Moon.



The opportunities I have been given whilst blogging has also been over whelming. Local blogger events are always so much fun and great to catch up with others. Lush, The Body Shop, and L'occitane are just to name a few. I love meeting the people that work in the stores and they have always been extremely welcoming and informative, as well as giving us a great evening.
I really hope 2017 brings many more exciting events, it is always a great way to mingle and have a laugh with some blogger friends.



In my personal life a lot has changed and I have wrote a fair few posts on what has been going on at the time. The biggest one was moving into my flat with my boyfriend Josh, it was a really big deal for me as I had lived in my first place since I was 18 and was there for around 7 whole years! Moving was the best thing for me, I have a lovely spacious flat right next to a canal and a ten minute walk to the town centre.
I have also caught you up on other personal ups and downs like getting a job and then losing my job and the struggles that come alongside all of that.





Let's not forget the photography side of things, I have mentioned a few times that this is another hobby I really enjoy doing. From pictures of my modelling friend Tylah, to abandoned buildings. Through the years I have gained more experience and really improved overall. Even my average blog photos have changed a great deal and I love to see how far I have come with this now. I love learning new things about taking pictures and I am always looking for new inspiration from other bloggers, Pintrest and Instagram.





Overall, it is quite clear that I have grown in so many ways since starting my blog to now. I know there is a long way still to go in life and I will be carrying on sharing my journey on my blog. Having my blog has been so much fun and I appreciate every single moment that has come my way since blogging and I hope many more years and memories are to come!



SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Thi post is so sweet just like you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweetie! I am happy I have you as a friend now xx

      Delete
  2. Hollie you can tell from this post that you have grown as a person and in confidence too which is wonderful to see. We all understand and support you on your journey. Well done on your 2 year anniversary, here's to lots more, oh and more events too!
    Steph
    www.pricelesslifeofmine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph that is so kind of you, it means a lot to me. I appreciate everything you have done for me and thank Mr C for taking me home from events haha. You are a great human! xx

      Delete
  3. Happy blog birthday, congratulations on 2 years! This was cute <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOP WOOP!! Thanks for being there for me through it all haha xx

      Delete
  4. Two years! That's amazing. You're lovely! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it has been two years! I am glad I found friends like you on my blogging journey xx

      Delete
  5. Happy blog birthday beautiful! It looks like you've had an absolute blast in your first 2, heres to many more gal <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can't wait to see how things will be in the next two. Thank you for always inspiring me and being so kind xx

      Delete

© Nails in Flames. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig